All language is subject to review by the Office of Erica Gilmore, and we reserve the right to decline requests that fail to meet review guidelines.
The following are guidelines for proclamations:
- A Nashville resident must make the request at least 30 days in advance. In order for this request to be met within that time period, we must have all the information provided.
- Proclamations must affect a broad group of people. A request to honor an individual, a family, or a group of organizations may be evaluated as a request for a greetings letter.
- Please send the proposed text for your request, including four to six “Whereas” clauses.
- Proclamations should not take sides in matters of political controversy; nor should they address individual convictions.
- Multiple requests by the same organization will not be honored within the same calendar year. Individuals requesting a proclamation must be able to show that they have been designated to make the request on behalf of a larger group.
- Every request must gain official approval before being issued.
- The Office of Erica Gilmore reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation request.